koth_octagon

KotH koth_octagon v2 Alpha 1

SirFireWolfe

L1: Registered
Jul 6, 2019
koth_octagon - It's an ocatgonal koth map.

This is my first ever map, so any feedback is greatly appreciated. The whole map is octagon-shaped, with a lowered section with the capture point on it, and the spawn rooms attached to opposing walls.

To install, place the koth_octagon_v1.bsp file in you tf2 install folder under (tf2 install folder)\download\maps.

Included are some screenshots of the map
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Nov 28, 2017
Wow! Very creative for a first map, I like it!
That said, just by looking at the pictures, there's sightlines straight into spawn, so people will get annoyed by the snipers headshotting them when they open a door. Moving back the spawns and adding a "courtyard" between the spawn and the midpoint would be highly favorable. Other things I would mention is adding some cover on the midpoint and on the sides there, like a building or a shack.

I don't know if you would continue building this map, but I see you have a lotta potential through this map and hope you would learn from your playtesting. :D:D:D

SirFireWolfe

Jul 6, 2019
I have begun work on the next version, it should be ready later today or tomorrow. I've chosen to add tall walls around the point to somewhat remove the sightlines straight into spawn, as well as a series of catwalks spanning the top of the map to provide more flanking routes

SirFireWolfe

Jul 6, 2019
I have made several changes to the map, now there is a large structure surrounding the point, with catwalks running around the edges of the map. I have yet to add lighting, so most of the map is pretty dark. Additionally, if anyone would be willing to host this server for beta testing, I would be extremely grateful, as I can't seem to set up a server at the moment.

Read the rest of this update entry...