koth_mountainmine

KotH koth_mountainmine A2

Adryll

L1: Registered
Jun 10, 2018
koth_mountainmine - a koth map

Hey! Thanks for clicking this post, i want to start out by saying that im quite inexperienced with mapping since ive just started mapping...
I am posting the map here since i would really apreciate some feedback and ways i could improve the map! Aswell as that id like to know how to lower bloom in hdr lighting, since its too high?

Once you leave the spawn there are three diferent paths you can take, one that goes to a sniper area, another one that leads straight to the main courtyard and one that leads to a more flanky route.

Koth_mountainmine is going to be about red and blu fighting over a mine that is located in a mountain. Red and blu are fighting over this mine because the miners that previously worked in it found precious minerals.

Thanks!

Fluury

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 30, 2017
Chances are you'll want to adjust the HDR when you are done with detailing/starting detailing. HDR is going to be bonkers in a map with dev textures, so you are better off just compiling LDR for now and first get the actual map to function/play well.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
To control HDR settings, use an env_tonemap_controller and send it some inputs to set the autoexposure min/max and bloom scale.

Adryll

L1: Registered
Jun 10, 2018
- Added clipping at some crates leading to the sniper area to make it easier to climb up.
-Added concrete blocks to help scouts and other classes get to the sniper area more easly.
-Closed off a devestating sightline.
-Turned the fallback route to a flank route.
-Added health and ammo near each spawn to help flanking from behind.
-Updated sewer area.
-Turned off bloom for the moment as sugested by Fluury

Read the rest of this update entry...