Koth_mexico

KotH Koth_mexico A6

Rocketboi

L1: Registered
Mar 28, 2020
koth_mexico - Mexico temple

The mercs have been told that if they could take one one of temples in Mexico they will get extra pay.

I got this idea from a friend so shoutout to to user Medic German chad on steam.

SB379

Apr 21, 2020
Dude, for a first draft, i really dig the mid layout, though it is a little simple for a casual match. I can see a tunnel/room underneath point working well. Maybe a full health pack with a death pit around it like the mid of cp_sinshine? Also the flank routes are really big and empty, but i can see something like a catwalk working well in that area, or just making it small like the cave route in pl_swiftwater.

As for the theme, I love it, can't wait for you to elaborate on it, we need something to compete with koth_brazil lol.

Constructive criticism:
- Adding block bullet brushes instead of player clip brushes on the stairs to prevent explosions to be absorbed by the stairs for consistency.
- Some height around point might do some good.
- Spawning from two similar spawn rooms facing different directions is a little jarring, differentiating spawns and making it a little clearer to know which spawn you're in would be good.

Rocketboi

Mar 28, 2020
Added:

high ground near the point

a sign near the death pit

Changed:

the stairs now use bullet brush instead of player clip

changed the spawn closer to the battlements to look different

some walls have been changed func_detail

Thank you to users SB379 and Sono on discord

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rocketboi

Mar 28, 2020
Rocketboi updated Koth_mexico with a new update entry:

Koth_Mexico Alpha 4

It's been a bit since this map has been updated, not to mention the maps birthday is coming up, But lets get to the changes

-Fixed a shit ton of leaks
-Changed Lighting
-Point Is now lowered giving high ground above the point, not the point being the high ground
-Added Shacks To Red a blue side spawns with Large med and ammo packs

That should be all
If there are any problems make sure to comment it or say it in chat during testing
Happy Map making

Rocketboi

Mar 28, 2020
Rocketboi updated Koth_mexico with a new update entry:

Koth_Mexico Alpha 5

This is one of the Bigger Updates, I took all the feed back with a grain of salt and greatly improved on the map, and lets get into the changes
Map Changes
-Added new opening to get to rooms now none of the rooms lead to nowhere
-Changed the flank so now there are ramps and cover around the area
-Added cover on the control point based of Suijin
-2nd spawn rooms now work properly
-removed the random crate in the middle
Made the skyboxes at red and blue's spawn higher
Visual changes
-made the...