koth_hangemhigh

KotH koth_hangemhigh A1

sorrellion

L1: Registered
Oct 15, 2020
koth_hangemhigh - A small koth map, my first attempt at making a TF2 map

Welcome to Hang 'em High, an absolutely tiny map that serves as my first attempt at map creation and Hammer.
This includes the fantastic(ish) features(?) of:
  • like three health packs for each side
  • same number of ammo crates
  • two death pits
Played a bit with bots, game flipped back and forth a good bit which I felt was a good sign. Though bots aren't exactly the best representation of an actual game, gonna hope that it's not as broken as I think it is.
At its current moment, this map is also great for sniping, unfortunately. Lots of highground, not much cover, can probably fix it.

(also yeah, its named after the halo: combat evolved map, which I thought its early concept was similar to. in the end it's turned out a good bit different.)
20201015220912_1.jpg
20201015220928_1.jpg
20201015220920_1.jpg
20201015220807_1.jpg

human trash

Oct 13, 2020
Hello.

I gave it a quick run. One thing I don't like about it is that you can shoot at the point right from the spawn and also get spawncamped while the other team is capping.

sorrellion

Oct 15, 2020
Hm, I think that could be fixed with more paths out of spawn with cover, but the map is so close-quarters it might be futile. The least I can do it just limit the sightline between the point and spawn doors. Could add a dustbowl-esque exit that’s off to the side, maybe in the shed with the small ammo pack in it. Thanks for the feedback!