Resource icon

KotH koth_farmfields a5

Rcki

L1: Registered
Jun 15, 2016
koth_72hrjamwip - My first map ever (that i have published anyways :P)

So, here it is. My first map ever wich i made yesterday but didnt have time to release it here. Okay so the title is going to be changed later. Im looking forward for constructive and helpful feedback for this map, since its my first map ever(please don't yell at me :p).

The map is pretty small in size (i probably will scretch it out a little bit later). It is pretty basic and simple map.

Im looking for playtesting to get better health/ammo placements and get better idea of this map in general.

Last edited:

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Were you around when we playtested this? I like what you have so far, but its fairly narrow - by which we mean there's only ever a few routes to get to anywhere, often going through one big room. KOTH maps often tend to be 8-shaped - so wider between spawns and point, and narrower near the point. That focusses players together for one big mid fight, but makes it harder to lock down the point by pushing past it.

Rcki

Jun 15, 2016
Thanks for the reply! I didnt have time to come to the tests wich is kinda sad (not really), but anyways, i agree that the map is pretty narrow and that is my next step for this project.

Also, the big room (warehouse) wich you were talking about. I never liked it, it is going to change in the next update.

Last edited:

Rcki

Jun 15, 2016
-started detailing
-most dev textures should be gone now
-and fixed a nasty sightline
-some displacements are still just gross (especially the mountain ones)

Also, the name might not be the final name idunno yet.
Here are the new screenshots:

20160725044714_1.jpg

20160725044720_1.jpg

20160725044731_1.jpg

20160725044744_1.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rcki

Jun 15, 2016
I might be done for the Jam now, because im not going to be home tomorrow. Anyways im not going to abandon this map, but continue it after the Jam has ended. Cya guys!