koth_exal

koth_exal a4

Duan

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2016
koth_exal_a1 - My 72h 2019 summer jam entry, "King of the moving hill"

Uploading as soon as possible to get feedback asap
*Sticky bombs and other throwables will slide off the mid control point still trying to fix this issue.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
We just played this map on the server. It was super fun! Some feedback that you'll obviously see from the demo:

- When the point is in the 'high' position, it's very difficult for the other team to re-take it due to the height difference. I'm not sure how you're working the logic to decide if it should go up or down (maybe it just repeats a pattern?) but you could have a route open on the other side of the point to let the losing team have access to another route up and push.

- Sticky bombs and other things on the point not working properly is a common issue with moving things like that. There's a pretty simple workaround: just parent a prop_dynamic to the point and the stickies will attach to that! You could either turn the entire point into a prop, or use an invisible model 1hu on top of it (if you'd like the model, I can send it to you).

- Litter some more pickups around the place. I'd keep them away from the upstairs, but I was still struggling to find some in the side buildings as I would've hoped.

- Nobuild on the point, or at least activate it when the platform starts moving and kill any buildings on it at the time.

Duan

Jul 21, 2016
- Sticky bombs and other things on the point not working properly is a common issue with moving things like that. There's a pretty simple workaround: just parent a prop_dynamic to the point and the stickies will attach to that! You could either turn the entire point into a prop, or use an invisible model 1hu on top of it (if you'd like the model, I can send it to you).
Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it <3
Would you be so kind to send me the model becouse Im having trouble with understanding/making it, thanks!

Last edited:

Micnax

aa
Apr 25, 2009
Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it <3
Would you be so kind to send me the model becouse Im having trouble with making it, thanks!
Here's the ZIP for it. It's called capzonemodel.mdl. What I did for mine was just place one over each part of the point to cover it entirely, it doesn't matter if they overlap.

Attachments

• invisible_cap_point.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 111

Duan

Jul 21, 2016
I know this might be a stupid question but I have never used anything custom in hammer, and my question is where the hell do I put the files, and later when I can find them in hammer

Micnax

aa
Apr 25, 2009
I know this might be a stupid question but I have never used anything custom in hammer, and my question is where the hell do I put the files, and later when I can find them in hammer
That's okay! In your
Code:
tf
steam folder, create a folder called
Code:
custom
if there isn't one already, then inside custom make a folder called content, then drop the models folder in the zip into that.

So the files go into
Code:
tf/custom/content/models/

Duan

Jul 21, 2016
After putting everything inside and loading the map the model has a missing texture how do I fix this?

Duan

Jul 21, 2016
Still after I placed .vmf and .vmt next to the rest of the files you sent me I dont have the textures

Duan

Jul 21, 2016
Dude thank you so much with helping me <3, it works!
And I guess I need to pack the model and textures when compiling
Again thanks soo much!

Duan

Jul 21, 2016
-Finally can put stickies on middle platform (Thanks to Micnax help)
-Some minor updates
-Some minor details added

*This is probably the last time im updating the map for 72h but I will continue the work after :)

Read the rest of this update entry...