koth_culvert

KotH koth_culvert b4_reup

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
I've downloaded this map and had a run around it and the big problem is that it's fullbright: we can't test fullbright maps, it breaks the server. The spawns also seem to be broken - i keep spawning right near the centre rather than in spawn. The layout seems pretty neat but i worry that all the ways out of the water are miles from the point - the only way to get back out of the water is to leave the mid fight entirely.

You'll also need to put spwn doors and visualisers on.

Hosomi

L3: Member
Jun 15, 2016
Spawns are already fixed, along with respawnrooms and visualizers. The lighting is next.
i worry that all the ways out of the water are miles from the point - the only way to get back out of the water is to leave the mid fight entirely.
This seems to be a concern. I'm thinking maybe some props in the corners of the open-air water that allow an exit.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
We playtested your map on our server recently. You can download the demo file here, and can see the feedback here. The best way to use this is to watch through the demo - look where people go and don't go, what classes they play and don't play, and where most people die. Make sure to pay attention to the ingame text and voice chat. On the feedback site, if you Claim your map, you can download the feedback as a vmf, which you can then copy into your map vmf to have all the feedback in the right place.

Hosomi

L3: Member
Jun 15, 2016
Nice. I was on the server as well. Most of the comments were directed towards the openness and how half of the map goes unused. I just really love Suijin.

Cheers for all the help. Can I find a heatmap anywhere?