koth_chickenitza_1.1 (For the Mayann Project) [INVITE//ALPHA]

Koiti Hirose | trade.tf

L1: Registered
Jun 8, 2016
BACKSTORY
I was really interested with the Mayann Project and I really hope that it would be in the game (even though the Iron Gauntlet is still my most hyped project) so I made a koth map which takes the term literally.

I have the concept done and even almost finished it but I just really couldn't care to beautify (or fix) the map so it is pretty much discontinued. If anyone wants to try make it nice, you have to first ask me.

If you want to credit me, put like an easter egg or something idk. Of course, you do have to say I made the basic concept of the map.

(sorry for not removing the HUD. These are old screenshots before I realised 'drawhud 0' was a thing)
Here are some screenshots of the map:

Spawn Area
20160501060358_1.jpg
20160501060415_1.jpg
20160501060428_1.jpg

Outsides
20160501060443_1.jpg
20160501060520_1.jpg

Corridors and entrances
20160501060537_1.jpg
20160501060559_1.jpg
20160501060624_1.jpg
20160501060634_1.jpg

Underwater
20160501060645_1.jpg

Overview
20160501060714_1.jpg

Again, sorry for the terrible screenshots.
In the folder there will be the .vmf file and .bsp file.
(This link will be here in case the pics don't work for some reason)

Last edited:

Koiti Hirose | trade.tf

Jun 8, 2016
Btw if there is anyone commenting within the first 8 hours of this post, I will be asleep as it is 9:30 rn and I'm getting ready for bed.
So be patient

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
I THINK everyone's a bit tired of Mayann maps. Dunno why. :V

Anyways,it's not half bad for being your first map (?). But there's some pretty obvious problems:

Sightlines. And the map's is overscaled. Some first maps have both this problems,but at a minimum (aka somewhat big-ish sightlines or overscaled map). But this one is pretty extreme.

20160501060520_1-jpg.20604

Like this here. This is a sniper heaven. And everyone will ONLY go sniper because it's the only class that can do 150~450 DPS at ANY distance. And because no other class will reach them before they get headshot. Maybe the spy...

VERY Steep ramps,just a bunch of trees placed randomly,long-ass walkways,no flank routes,possible choke points,badly placement health/ammo...

Don't worry. We all do these horrible,horrible mistakes sometimes. You know,it's the good old "learn from your mistakes",or "live and learn",or WHATEVER.

There's a TON of tutorials here on TF2Maps,and Youtube included. For YT I recommend watching UEAKCrash's Hammer Tutorials. Really good for anyone who wants to get better at Hammer.

And of course,you have the lovely Gameday or IMP,where you upload your map at the Steam Group Chat,and it get tested. And you get feedback that you can see in the "Feedback" tab on top of the website.

And while I was typing this,I THINK I got ninja'd... thank god.

So yeah... Not bad,like I said. Needs some fixes,but YE! :jimijam:

Koiti Hirose | trade.tf

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah this was my first map and yes I did realize it is overscaled.
Then again, I feel like there should be more stuff at least on the outside areas but idk what to put :/
Anyways, the trees are there to form a barrier but yea now that I think about it, they were randomly placed.
But I have tested the stairs and the main cobble ramp and they are climbable. The stone bricks aren't supposed to be climbable though.

Koiti Hirose | trade.tf

Jun 8, 2016
And yes I checked the cap point too.
Unless you are on the very edge of the cap point or the sniper is UGC Platinum good, they can't headshot anyone.
(btw when I mean climbable I mean the surfaces can be walked on. I even used a brass beast heavy just in case)

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
And yes I checked the cap point too.
Unless you are on the very edge of the cap point or the sniper is UGC Platinum good, they can't headshot anyone.

Just,if you want,go to the Steam Group Chat,and upload to the map to an imp. (I can do it for you if you want) and then check the feedback,via random texts,or even a demo video.

Every first map is always a crappy map. EVERY. FIRST. MAP. Don't you care tell me there's an awesome map that was made in one try.

So like I said,it's not that bad to make mistakes. Just check the tutorials from the videos I posted earlier,or in the Forums. Get feedback,change things until they look good,and repeat. Over. and over. and over. and overfuckme.