koth_buttercup

KotH koth_buttercup Version 0.1

nettsen

L1: Registered
May 9, 2021
koth_buttercup - first map ever created, still getting worked on

Trying my best for the first map. Its still getting worked on but i wanted to share my work with the best. First map is always shit..i want to try to make some good out of it.

Feel free to leave some advise! I am always looking to improve.

Last edited:

Mugenman88

Apr 8, 2021
So, I did download this to give a look cause something a little troubling caught my eyes but yeah.

You're missing your team_control_point. Additionally, the cap never unlocks, so the map is completely unplayable as is.
20210510183101_1.jpg

Also, the map is a tiny flat plane with a single structure, with spawns fully visible from each other, which is also an unplayable issue.
20210510183132_1.jpg

You might want to work on this a while longer before making it available. I highly recommend giving Uncuepa's level design videos a watching to help you get a more playable map going, UEAKcrash also has a nice video on this. Also, another note, you want to label your map version with alpha prefixes for now like a1, a2, a3, and so on.

It's always nice to see new mappers in here, you just jumped a bit too far ahead for now. Don't be discouraged!

nettsen

May 9, 2021
Thanks for your testing. It helped alot. Thats why I uploaded it, so an experienced mapper can help me. Funny thing tho: I placed the team_control_point. I really did..wonder where it is. Befor I uploaded it, i tested the map and the cp was working for both teams. Hm. Maybe I did something wrong. But thanks, my friend. I will continue my work and update it in a few days/weeks. Depends on how long it will take. Thanks again! @Mugenman88