koth_arghoogah

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by GiantLeprechaun, Sep 22, 2010.

1. GiantLeprechaun

GiantLeprechaun L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    the idea behind it is that teams are fighting for control of a super secret pirate cave. The point is on top of a pile of pirate booty, and both spawn area's are intended to look like either team is transporting the gold out of there.

I still have plenty of details to work out, but the layout is pretty much done. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

other than the obvious detail work I need to do, I plan on adding some pirate themed models if I can find some or get someone to make them. I want to add some Spongebob sounds, or make my own pirate sounds, particularly for the announcer. My next project will be making a gold coin texture, or finding one.

2. Hastur

Hastur L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'd advise you to crank your graphics up to max when taking screenies.

Other than that, it looks pretty sweet. There's a bit of texture choice oddity in the first picture (the mono-blue arch connected to a cream color wall)

The cap point itself is pretty naff, although I'd STRONGLY advise you to put some type of cover on it.

3. Terwonick

Terwonick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    water by cap puts pyros at HUGE disadvantage, consider revising it. other than that, looking good :)

4. Da_Man

Da_Man L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Missed Talk Like A Pirate day by one day. Shame, this would been cool.

5. Attsy

Attsy L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Also before you make your own coin texture, there's one already. There's also gold bar models (search ingots).
    The gold texture does have a sort of dirt to it so sorry if that doesn't work/ you already knew about either of those.

6. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Water slows down players and leaves them at a disadvantage. Balance.

7. Hastur

Hastur L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'd add bridges that lead from the shore to the cap, as well as some sort of cover on the cap itself.