Koth without timer possible?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Poy, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Poy

Poy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This wont be my first map implementation unless it's not complicated to do, but the idea is that both sides have missiles in a silo. The point is a power plant in the center which capping the point routes power to their side making the missile power up and rise out of the ground, losing the point and therefore power would cause the missile to very slowly descend. Ending when one team holds the point long enough to launch the missile at the other base. I imagine it would be pretty difficult to get the funct_door prop to move, pause then move backwards unless it has position memory and could start animation from paused position? The first idea was to have standard koth rules and just have the missiles raise and pause eventually ending at the 3 min mark. Is it possible to pause animation if the point is lost?

2. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy ???

Positive Ratings:
    If you use a func_tracktrain as the platform, that'd make moving your platforms much easier. You'd also have dynamic speed controls and the ability to pause and reverse at any time as well

3. Poy

Positive Ratings:
    Ha, I didn't even think about that! Thanks for the info!

4. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord Occasionally I make maps

Positive Ratings:
  5. Poy

Positive Ratings:
    Are the points defined? Or is it more of a percentage system?

6. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord Occasionally I make maps

Positive Ratings:
    Not sure what you mean. func_movelinear is basically just a func_door that can be positioned anywhere between it's open and closed positions.