KotH with a new mechanic, is it possible?

frankvega

L1: Registered
Jun 27, 2014
I am wondering if it's possible to make a KotH with multiple points , let's say 3, the team who has the majority or all of the points (2 or more points in this case) the enemy team timer starts going down, the first team which gets their timer on 0 loses. This is pretty much like a Conquest Mode in Battlefield. Is this possible? If it is, how I am able to do this? I may use it on any future map I make.

Thanks in advance!

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
It should be possible, however it might confuse players a lot since they already associate the timer counting down to when they win rather than losing.

You should absolutely give it a shot though and see how it plays out! New mechanics can always be a bit finicky to get started with but can develop into awesome things (like A/D CTF was)

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
The way Battlefield works is that more points owned = faster enemy ticket drain. If you wanted to more closely emulate this I would suggest a PD mode where each team starts with a certain amount of "tickets", and owning 3 points will make the enemy "tickets" drain faster than if you owned 2 points. This would give an incentive to capture all the points instead of bunkering down after taking two. Using a timer implies seconds so you can't really adjust the rate of countdown without causing confusion.

frankvega

L1: Registered
Jun 27, 2014
I might give it a try when I have time , I will try what sooshey said too, Like I have to add something that incentives the team to capture all the points if I do it based on KotH, maybe spawning closer to the 2nd point instead of the 1st? idk