L3: Member
Jun 20, 2020

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Reposting this from Discord so it can be read more easily:

Q: "How could I make it easier to get to the high ground?"
A: My first instinct would be to flip these staircases; It's a bit silly to make the BLU team have a harder time getting to their mid than RED; RED just gets a free stairway up to this high ground, whereas BLU has to face a large height disadvantage to get a chance at making it to mid.
20221203234303_1.jpg

Q: "How do I make the flank routes better?"
A: Could try putting a minor route here to force teams to face a two-front battle if they try setting up in the 90-degree room.
20221203234650_1.jpg

Main priority imo would be opening this room up a bit too so it leads into the staircase better. Currently it has a bit of an odd flow to it.
20221203235550_1.jpg

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
I'm sorry man but after running around the remake a little bit, it really does not feel like an improvement. The original layout may not have been "the be-all end-all" of KOTH map layouts but it absolutely had charm, which I feel the remake just does not have. I've been trying to come up with something better to say for the better part of 30 minutes now but like genuinely this remake feels like it sucks the soul out of the map. I don't know how to describe it. What really hurts is that like, I really enjoyed the original map!!! I knew it wasn't perfect, but the atmosphere felt completely on-point and its layout felt super unique to just about any other KOTH map I could think of. It had flair. With the remake though, it just... well, it just felt disappointment, I gotta be honest with you. Above all I just really don't understand why the change was even made, and like in my obviously subjective view of the map it wasn't that needed.

RatsInYourWalls

L3: Member
Jun 20, 2020
I want to get some feedback on this version first, If it doesn't go too well, I might rework the og map instead of using the new one