KOTH - points

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by phantombadger, Oct 25, 2011.

1. phantombadger

phantombadger L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    IDK if this has been discussed yet; koth is relatively new. And I searched for a TuT and found nothing. Is there a points based KOTH system in TF2? cap the point for 30 sec get a point it then reverts to neutral. Then if at all possible you move the enabled flag around.

This is entirely just a thought I'd look into it if I had the time but it seems theres not enough me to go around lately. anything would be appreciated.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Relatively new? KotH was released in 2009 if I'm correct.

I'm also having slight difficulty trying to comprehend what you're trying to say. Is this an idea for a gamemode where once the point has been captured by one team for 30 seconds it becomes neutral again, and then... I guess... a flag appears and you take it somewhere?

You're going to need to explain in a bit more detail...

3. phantombadger

Positive Ratings:
    The flag a referernce to the koth CP flag.

im thinking a rotating koth point. with 30 sec caps. so it would be similar to a CP map but you get a point for a complete cap and hold. the scoring would be similar to a CTF score board. 1-3 koth points on a map. to score a point you hold the point for 30sec then the point resets. It would be essentially the same as a neutral flag drop CTF or a single CP where on endcap the team scores a point. but the hold feature is what makes it a little more balanced.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ahh, I see now. When a team caps the point and holds it for 30 seconds, it becomes neutral and the capping team gets a point. First to 3 wins the round.

It might involve usage of some pretty complex I/O connections, and I can't really say much on how well it'll play; it does sound interesting though.

5. phantombadger

Positive Ratings:
    It should play a little more competitive than current koth forcing the team to stay on the point more. but yeah it would involve some complex relays etc, I might work this out but it wont be for a long time. I have too much on my plate ntm a stack of maps that will keep me busy for a few months. so if anyone has done this or has the time to figure it out and post something here that'd be great. if not, well I will post something eventually if/when I get this figured out.

6. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    The problem I see with this is that koth timers are autospawned, so there doesnt seem to be a way of preventing round end when countdown reaches zero. A solution could be setting timers to 90 seconds and using on1minremains and on30secsleft and pausing/removing time/adding time to set up correct values for each miniround.

7. phantombadger

Positive Ratings:
    the clock would be made null for the Game end condition. calculating this time of points system might involve an intricate set of logic relays,Math counters, and end_game.
    When timer reaches zero set relay to activate - that resets the point, enables the counter and resets the timer.

These are just ideas. as I said before this is interesting but I have no time atm to pursue making it.