Koth/PLR Hybrid Logic?

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I was wondering if it was possible to make a KOTH/PLR hybrid, with the respective team's cart only moving when they own the capture point, and a team winning when their cart reaches the end of the track.

Luigi1000

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2015
I could see it happening, but it would require you not to use KOTH logic but rather an amalgamation of PLR and CP such that when a team captures a trigger_capture_area, the respective team has the func_tracktrain of their cart sent an input like setspeeddir <value> on cap. The path_tracks for the CP's would also need to have something which would need to fire an output of "On pass; <CP name>; SetOwner; <Team #>" because for some reason if a pl cart passes without someone standing in its specific trigger_capture_area when it tries to cap a point, it will refuse to cap it and just switch which target CP is set.

Anways I am down to see what you could do with this if you decide to go through with it.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Had this same idea a while ago :) and had a thread for it.

tl;dr it couldn't work out because you couldn't have the HUDs/logic of both in one map, at the same time. You might be able to hack a solution with trigger_multiple logic, but you won't have the normal cap icon/normal cap timer.

Here's the old thread for reference.

Luigi1000

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2015
Hmm, I have been one for finding ways to make weird mixtures of gamemodes work. If no one can manage a working solution or gives up on it I would like to take a stab at this idea.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Had this same idea a while ago :) and had a thread for it.

tl;dr it couldn't work out because you couldn't have the HUDs/logic of both in one map, at the same time. You might be able to hack a solution with trigger_multiple logic, but you won't have the normal cap icon/normal cap timer.

Here's the old thread for reference.

I'm fine with not having the cap icon/timer. I just want the carts to move when the cap is owned by the respective team. The team will win when the cart gets to a certain place, not when the cap is owned for 3 minutes or whatever.

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
You could represent the carts movement by adding or removing time from the other team.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
I'm fine with not having the cap icon/timer. I just want the carts to move when the cap is owned by the respective team. The team will win when the cart gets to a certain place, not when the cap is owned for 3 minutes or whatever.

But you will most likely have to use some indicator to show cap progress (how far the cap has been capped when the attacking team is standing on it), if at all you can get cap logic working from scratch.

It's difficult, but if you're up to the task, it's worth a shot.

You could represent the carts movement by adding or removing time from the other team.

The only team-based timer logic in the game comes from CTF logic, which is, uh, wow, surprisingly versatile. Not sure if it would help in this case.