KOTH Modification

Surtr

L1: Registered
Mar 12, 2011
I want to create a KOTH map with two points. Each are open simultaneously, and if a team manages to hold both at the same time their time dwindles down even faster.

I need help fixing the 2 major problems
1: I do not know how to increase the rate at which a KOTH timer decreases
2: I do not know how to fix the control point HUD at the bottom of the screen to show both of the points

Thoughts?
Cheers.

ardysqrrl

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 26, 2009
It could probably be done by having a logic_timer set to AddTime -1 on the koth timers every second, but first you should consider how and why you think this would be an improvement over KOTH (it's not)

Also, "even faster" than what? Wouldn't the timer pause if each point is owned by a different person? Oh boy lets make koth possible to stalemate indefinitely

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Also, "even faster" than what? Wouldn't the timer pause if each point is owned by a different person? Oh boy lets make koth possible to stalemate indefinitely

Why would you make it so that the time pauses if 1 point is controlled by both teams? Just have it go down as normal. I really doubt an exact tie or even a stalemate would happen. (I mean the odds of that happening are nearly nothing.)

Surtr

Mar 12, 2011
In response to what both of you said the map would work like this. IF both of the teams each hold one point, then THEIR SEPARATE timers each dwindle down at 1 second per second. IF a team captures both of the points, then ONLY THEIR timer goes down at 2 seconds per second.

It is an improvement to KOTH mode because it takes out the linearity and makes it unique.

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
I other words, this. Sounds good to me!

Does the cp hud really get overridden by Koth? Doesn't the team_control_point_master cap_layout keyvalue still apply?

As for the timers, I think you can fire inputs to them if you use their explicit names (so you could manually reduce the time with a relay as squirrel mentioned above).

Surtr

Mar 12, 2011
I other words, this. Sounds good to me!

Does the cp hud really get overridden by Koth? Doesn't the team_control_point_master cap_layout keyvalue still apply?

As for the timers, I think you can fire inputs to them if you use their explicit names (so you could manually reduce the time with a relay as squirrel mentioned above).

SOMEONE GOT THE REFERENCE. FOR THE HORDE.

Ps: i quit wow 2 years ago.