Koth map sizing?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Octop37 #teampyro, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Octop37 #teampyro

Octop37 #teampyro L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have seen a few post about this topic but no one ever gives a definitive answer. What are the dimensions of all the koth maps? Corridors, courtyard, and sight lines? Please help me out so I can finish my first koth map with some confidence that I wasn't a total idiot.

2. Grizzly Berry

aa Grizzly Berry

Positive Ratings:
    There aren't really set dimensions for a King of the Hill map, they're all different. The best way to figure out scale is just to make a lot of maps. Placing some spawn info_player_teamspawn entities should help with the height of things. This article by grazr is still fantastic, and I'd highly recommend checking that out.

If you'd like to see the size of Valve maps, download some decompiled versions here. They're an excellent resource and probably the best way to figure out the exact dimensions.

3. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    find decompiled maps sticky in the tutorials forum, open up any koth, see for yourself, profit

4. Beef Bucket

aa Beef Bucket L41: Blessed Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been waiting for opportunity to plug this

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Octop37 #teampyro

Octop37 #teampyro L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the help, I will definitely try out the decompiled maps and the image was very helpful.