Koth Ellius

KotH Koth Ellius B1

Ailurus

L1: Registered
Apr 14, 2019
Koth Ellius - A Japan themed koth map

Hey everyone thank you for coming to check out my map Koth Ellius.
This is a map I have been working on over the past 12 weeks, it's my first finished map, so it's a bit rough around the edges but I'm relatively happy with where it is at, still open to feedback though. :D

The map is japan themed and a massive thanks to all the amazing 3d artist who worked on the Japan asset packs and other packs that I have used.

I've been developing this map along prolander and highlander players to attempt to make it fun in competitive.

If you want to help with the development even closer you can join my discord and get updated map files, screenshots ect. :) https://discord.gg/pcuX8qM
20190424200007_1.jpg
20190423152940_1.jpg

20190423153141_1.jpg
20190423153159_1.jpg

Thank you for watching. :)
Ailurus.

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
judging from the screenshots , it looks pretty good but you shouldnt do all this detailing so soon. The reason is simple. If you playtest Ellius and it turns out it doesnt work or its not fun etc then you have to listen to feedback and make changes accordingly.
Like I said the detailing is pretty good I like it but keep all of that in mind. Start with dev textures and when the map is ready for detailing do it then.

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Though I always love seeing maps in the Japanese theme, (especially ones who actually do well with the theme and buildings ;) ), I must agree with basilhs. Its important to start your map with more dev textures, in the case you change a route or a doorway. It's also a good idea to start the map file name with koth_ (ex: koth_ellius_a1)

Otherwise, the actual logic seems to work, which is always a good sign, and the actual exterior look of many of the buildings is really well done. Though the displacements could sue a bit of work (mostly smoothing, which can be done well by decreasing the size of each displacement block. use the clipping tool.)

Ailurus

L1: Registered
Apr 14, 2019
Thank you for the feedback, I've been running the map on servers with friends to get some feedback on the gameplay and stuff. but yeah in future, I think I'll focus more on getting it perfect when it's in its blocking stage.
Also love then engi pics. :D

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Alright, it sounds like you have the right mindset! You really do have a good sense of building detailing.