War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Koth 2Forts - 2Forts One Control Point

20180511193431_1.jpg 20180511193435_1.jpg 20180511193444_1.jpg

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Nope, nope. I didn't have a problem with the valve map conversions up until this point, but this is where I'm drawing the line.

There have been so many 2fort conversions for every gamemode (besides TC, obviously) that making another standard modeswap of 2fort is basically the mapping equivalent of white noise. (This might seem like an odd point coming from someone who's made a 2fort remake himself, but I made the attempt to re-evaluate 2fort from the ground up instead of just modeswap it)

I assume what you're trying to do is create these modeswaps to try and become more familiar with hammer editor, so you'll have more experience before you start work on an original project, and I can respect that. However the TF2maps forums are mainly here for seriously studying map design whereas modeswaps more often than not aren't about that. I would recommend leaving modeswaps on the workshop rather than the TF2maps forums, unless you're doing something really experimental.

I would also highly suggest you read this thread for future reference: https://tf2maps.net/threads/valve-map-modifications-read-before-posting-one.9387/

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Nope, nope. I didn't have a problem with the valve map conversions up until this point, but this is where I'm drawing the line.

There have been so many 2fort conversions for every gamemode (besides TC, obviously) that making another standard modeswap of 2fort is basically the mapping equivalent of white noise. (This might seem like an odd point coming from someone who's made a 2fort remake himself, but I made the attempt to re-evaluate 2fort from the ground up instead of just modeswap it)

I assume what you're trying to do is create these modeswaps to try and become more familiar with hammer editor, so you'll have more experience before you start work on an original project, and I can respect that. However the TF2maps forums are mainly here for seriously studying map design whereas modeswaps more often than not aren't about that. I would recommend leaving modeswaps on the workshop rather than the TF2maps forums, unless you're doing something really experimental.

I would also highly suggest you read this thread for future reference: https://tf2maps.net/threads/valve-map-modifications-read-before-posting-one.9387/

I tryed orginal maps but they all failed so i took a break and now i just do this for fun. If i cant make great map then why not map fun maps that i enjoy to make fun maps. I know i am not good at this so why not create maps that are fun for me to create.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
I tryed orginal maps but they all failed so i took a break and now i just do this for fun. If i cant make great map then why not map fun maps that i enjoy to make fun maps. I know i am not good at this so why not create maps that are fun for me to create.
Okay slow down- I never said you have to stop making these. (I couldn't stop people from doing it even if I wanted) I simply recommended that you try and restrict these to the workshop, because typically these sorts of basic valve map modifications tend to be frowned upon on the TF2maps forums.

If you like making them, great. You have something you enjoy doing, but I'm saying that this isn't the purpose of the site, and in the future people are likely to reprimand you for posting them here specifically. (And potentially be less friendly in doing so)

Lastly, you need to learn to not be so insecure about your work. Believe me, I get it. That's a really hard thing to do. Just ask anyone on the site how I behaved here my first couple years, and you'll see that I really had trouble trying to feel confident about my own work. When it comes down to it, a mapper's A1 is almost always bad. People who have been mapping for years will usually release A1s that are at least pretty bad. This is not you being "a failure", it's just what happens when you start a new map. The only thing you can do is iterate and improve on what you've done. The fastest way to learn is to attempt to fix something that is wrong with your map, because then you know how to approach something like that next time.

But seriously, do not stress out if your map isn't that good. If you're trying to improve, we get it. Every last one of us started out bad at mapping, and as long as you're willing to iterate and improve, we'll do our best to catch you up to speed. (Basically if you can be positive, we'll be positive back)

Oh, I realize this got really long, so, one last time- If you wanna keep making the modeswaps, that's totally fine, but people usually don't like seeing them on the TF2maps forums, so I would recommend just having them on the workshop.

FloofCollie

I really suck!
aa
Nov 5, 2016
dudes let's not be so negative

also
did u change anything or did u just paste a koth point in
There's what looks like a new staircase in the grate room visible in the screenshots as well as a shot of the basement entries being blocked off, idk about the rest of the map

FloofCollie

I really suck!
aa
Nov 5, 2016
P.S. I would use a wood texture, door prop or func_detail modelling to indicate a door where the old pathways once were, since the doorways still seem to have details around them like the fan in BLU. Also it'd be a nice touch for those who've played it, i.e. everyone

P

Prosciutto

it also seems that there are some places with wierd shadows like under the roof on the red barn tower

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
dudes let's not be so negative

also

There's what looks like a new staircase in the grate room visible in the screenshots as well as a shot of the basement entries being blocked off, idk about the rest of the map

I have also changed the way the drop down area from spawn to be connected to the rest of the map.