Killing people with the Dissolve effect

Unicake

L2: Junior Member
Aug 25, 2017
How do you make your trigger_hurt kill people with the combine plasma rifle kill effect?
I've seen it used on a few maps, but putting in the number of the dissolve keyvalue doesn't do anything

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
I recently tested every single damage type in tf2, and none of them perform any sort of dissolve effect. The DMG_DISSOLVE type (67,108,864) is actually overridden in TF2 to be DMG_DONT_COUNT_DAMAGE_TOWARDS_CRIT_RATE. Moreover, the code that creates the dissolve effect seems to reject players.

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
On sd_laserfight I used an env_entity_dissolver with "Target To Dissolve" set to tf_ragdoll (and tf_ammo_pack) and "Dissolve Type" set to either Heavy Electrical or Light Electrical. This entity recieved an input from a trigger_brush named game_playerdie with the OnUse paramater.

Unfortunately this would just dissolved everyone on the map that died. I don't know how well it would work but you could tell it to specifically pick players who died from the trigger by having game_playerdie entitiy disabled at all times and only enabled it when the trigger was occupied. (Then quickly disabled right after).

I'm not even sure if you can disable/enable game_playerdie to be honest.

Edit: sorry for lots of edits I was tired when I wrote this

Last edited: