Keep bots from seeing inside buildings?

[Rx.] Christian Troy

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 23, 2017
I created a map for people who like to have sniper battles with 2 buildings facing each other with some distance between them. In between them I have bots playing as well for target practice for players when no one is doing any battles. In the past putting NPC Clip in the windows seemed to do the trick of preventing the bots from attacking players in the buildings. These days this seems to no longer be the case. I extended the NPC Clip to be 2 units into the buildings around the windows and they still attack players in the buildings. The bots have no access to the buildings and generating a .nav file doesn't make any paths into the buildings, just in the fighting area between the buildings like I wanted.

Is there any other way I can make this happen? I don't mind if the bots attack players in the fighting area but they put a big hamper on players trying to have a sniper battle inside the buildings.

[Rx.] Christian Troy

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 23, 2017
Just gave it a try and the bots saw past it taking aim on players in the buildings.

Sorry it took a bit to report back. I work nights and had to go get some sleep.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
In that case, I can only recommend separating the sniper area and the bot area into two different sections of the map, separated by doors or curved, sightline-blocking hallways.