Kakariko Village

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
This is a recreation of the village in Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past made into a 3-point control point map. All the custom textures/sprites were made by me, and all the custom models were made by AgeNt_.

I have not tested the gameplay, but I don't expect it to be perfect considering its as close to the original village layout as possible (for me). I'd still like to see how it plays though.

Thanks

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Looks like sniper heaven. Not to mention wrangler sentries could horribly exploit those roofs and sight lines.

It's a wonderful effort but as you seem to already realise, the closer to one game from another, when porting an environment, the less it compliments that games gameplay.

Beetle

Aug 17, 2008
The optimization is fine. Its not a big map, and none of it is complicated.

I plan on making a separate map with these textures that is more tf2-ified but is still recognized as zelda. But I'd like to think this is a nice test run. Trust me, I don't want this going in the same direction as the mario kart maps.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
You replaced the bird statue with a control point :(

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Now do Fourside.

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
No, Make Fourside.

I am being totally serious.

Terwonick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 25, 2010
I found a map of the village to compare beetle's to

original:
200px-Kakariko_Village_%28A_Link_to_the_Past%29.png

beetle's:
cp_kakariko_a10005.jpg

pretty close if you ask me, he just needs to add water

May I suggest you make it an A/D map with the stages being the different forms of the village, as from:

-A Link to the past
-Ocarina of time
-Four Swords Adventures (not very popular, you could cut this one out and just make it 3 staged (if you really want to)
-Twilight Princess

Beetle

Aug 17, 2008
I added water. The reason you can't see it is cuz I am far up into the void, and that's the only way I know how to take an aerial screenshot.

and I thought 4 swords was a variant of Link to the Past.

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
i'll just simply drop a comment that it looks really juicy, original and fun just by looking at the screenshots. good job

Nathan Quake

L1: Registered
May 8, 2010
Looks fantastic. Lots of effort and time spent, I see. Needs some work on the gameplay though, maybe some more hedges to block the sniper zones. Otherwise, really good job!

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
I would really love to see a Fourside or Onett.

I can easily provide level maps, if needed.

Sca.wingShade

L1: Registered
Jun 14, 2010
I wonder if Death Mountain (preferably the dark version) would be possible? (Just a thought though, but it would be pretty interesting...)

Beetle

Aug 17, 2008
Changelog a3 ( BIG CHANGES)

- Added 3D skybox

- Lowered setup time to 1 min (down from 2 mins)

- Fixed overlapping sound (hopefully)

- Added a working signpost that when you shoot it, activates a "WANTED!" message. (just like in the original, but more tf2-ified!)

- (BIG CHANGE)...

...You now have an equally random chance to play the "Dark World" version of Kakariko Village. In it are:

-all new textures

-new background music

-different health/ammo placement.

NOTES:

I made the Dark World version to match the layout in the original SNES game.

You will only recieve a team point for capping both dark and light world villages. I'm working on fixing that so you get a team point every time you win a round whether it be light or dark.

And yet again, give AgeNt_ a round of applause for contributing his plant and tree models within the map - both light and dark world versions.

Leave me a comment, and tell me what you think!

These are pictures of the dark world version. The light world, other than a few visual changes, remains unchanged visually and is also in the map.

Download link updated

Last edited: