Just want to say bye!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hateburn, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hateburn

Hateburn L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    None of you guys can help me figure this out and give terrible advice! So in turn, I give up. Bye!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  3. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    Hold on there, what are you trying to figure out?

4. Hateburn

Positive Ratings:
    Of all the advice I've been given on any map I've submitted here, shown pictures of, or even verbally discussed, none of them were good enough to continue on without completely redoing, so says anyone who gives any input. I'm missing something about mapping that you guys know and don't know how to explain, or something, but it's obviously something crucial that I don't get. Too open, flat, not enough lighting, too much lighting, not enough height variation, too much height variation. I don't get it. I keep following these vague guidelines and they aren't enough.

5. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Hateburn is frustrated at his mapping. He's trying to figure out a good map layout by a1. I've been telling him not to get a good layout by a1, you have to expand on it, and not expect best by in your first alpha.

ALSO. The fact that you insulted us is not helping your cause for wanting help.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  6. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    well i suggested you continue with the quad island map
    never saw a next version of it

edit: lol at quitting when you finally understand

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  7. Hateburn

Positive Ratings:
    I don't want help anymore. This is a "good-bye" thread, not a "help because I still secretly want to map and maybe if I ask a billionth time, someone might tell me something different" thread. You guys have different views on what maps should be, what they should look like in alpha stages. It's stupid. There are no legit guidelines, no specific rules, just a combination of mixed ppinions. I'm done responding.

8. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Then you won't mind me locking this thread. It will just turn into a flame war.

9. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    like frozen said. no map is perfect. there will always be issues with a map. even official valve made maps have issues. lack of detailing, bad clipping, choke points, etc. this isnt a science, its an art and will never be perfected.

i might suggest trying an activity where perfection can be achieved (coin collecting?)

• Thanks Thanks x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.