just some questions for my halloween map

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by basilhs333, Sep 19, 2016.

1. basilhs333

basilhs333 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    first of all i want really to thank you all guys for helping me with everything i need.
    but i have a problem the thing is i have a door that i want to open when point B has Been Captured and i made an output and i did : OnEndCap - Door - open but it doesnt work . am i doing something wrong?
    and also i am worried about how can i put my map on tf2 workshop and tf2maps with nav_generate because the map of course has bosses. so how can i do that? please feel free to tell me down below

2. Mr.B3TA

Mr.B3TA L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    would you mind showing your doors properties so it's easier to determine the problem?

3. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    no no its only 1 door and its called wooden_door and i want when the Point B Is Captured The Door Opens ( Its A-> B -> C Gamemode )

4. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    Did you actually write "Door" in the target entity field, or did you use the name of the door (wooden_door)?

5. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    wooden_door
    i think i know where you are going
    i should name it just door right?
    because i was testing portals and when i named it portal_to_hell Just so i Know Which Is Which It Didnt Work.

6. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    should the output not be OnCapTeam2 - Wooden_door - open? im not sure OnEndCap works.

7. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    No, you can name the entity whatever you want. I wanted to make sure you were using the entity's name, rather than "Door."

Since this isn't the issue, could we see information like your door's properties and inputs? Doors can fail to work for a number of reasons, so we can only guess without more info.

Tags: