• Center Save Changes Reset

TRADE Journey Into Imagination A6

A map where you journey into the imagination of the 5 senses, with some twists!

1. Drewfire

Drewfire L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Journey Into Imagination - A map where you journey into the imagination of the 5 senses, with some twists!

Imagine for a minute that the teleporters in the world of Team Fortress can also be time machines.

Now imagine that the mercs, with their hat obsessions, have time traveled to the year of 2002 and arrived at the Imagination Pavilion, trading their hats, weapons, and whatever else they have. Got it? Great, now you are ready to experience a Journey Into Imagination.

This map is based off the Imagination Pavilion at WDW's Epcot park, with slight variations. Custom textures, sounds, and models...

2. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not familiar with the place this is based on, but the screenshots look cool!

3. Drewfire

Positive Ratings:
    Now that Figment has worked into imaginations of those at both TF2maps.net and gamebanana, he's decided to give a new coat of paint to the Imagination Institute!

This update includes:

-Added new finale props
    -New textures around the Institute
    -A few scene adjustments
    -And more Figment!

Don't believe me? Have some screenshots.

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Drewfire

Positive Ratings:
    Well, after I have posted Midday, and worked on some other map projects that messed up, trade_imagination_a3 is now here. We got some new models, new Figments in the Sound lab and Touch/Taste lab detour, new spawn areas, and some minor adjustments.

Hopefully, A4 will renovate Figment's open house. I am getting a relative and good modeler of mine to help me out on that. See you around!

• Like Like x 1
  5. worMatty

Positive Ratings:
    I had a play around. I didn't realise it was actually a proper on-rails tour. I was impressed by the work you must have put in.

Two problems:
    • The custom models have checkerboard patterns for their textures. You don't seem to have packed their textures. Open the BSP with GCFScape and see what you have missed.
    • The audio of the tour is a bit too quiet. Are you using ambient_generic and addressing sound files directly, e.g. my_soundfile.mp3? If so, those can be a bit quiet. The way to fix it is to use a soundscript. You can adjust the volume and attenuation of sounds outside of the map in a text file and reload the map in the game to hear the difference, without needing to recompile every time.
    A suggestion:
    • I don't like being forced to look in a particular direction when I'm in the cart. I'd like to be able to look around the room as I'm travelling. It feels a bit weird fighting to move my view.
    Great work.

6. Drewfire

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry about the fuss, The fact that you are looking in a paticular direction is from the trigger_teleport and info_teleport_destination inside the ride vehicle so that you don't glitch out of there when the vehicle makes turns and rotations. I previously used Pakrat instead of VIDE to pack my content into my maps, but it turns out it no longer is the case. I will update this map and Midday right away to fix this. A soundscript will be packed into the A4 version of this map, when it is ready, so be prepared for it.

7. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe try using a trigger_teleport_relative instead of the standard trigger_teleport to keep players pointing in the same direction? Personally I haven't used it, but I think it's worth a try.

8. Drewfire

Positive Ratings:
    trigger_teleport_relative? Never heard of that. I will try that in a quick fix, and completely skip over alpha 4 entirely because of a slight workshop mistake.

Edit: Never mind, just figured out what it does, completley useless for what I'm doing, but thanks anyway! By the way, Alpha 4 is still coming out.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  9. Drewfire

Positive Ratings:
    After some complaints about how the attraction was working, (Sorry, the audio cannot be fixed, unless you have any idea how to get it above 10.) I have added some more stuff into the ride portion of Journey Into Imagination.

This includes more signs, new eyechart, new furniture in Figment's Open House, new Figment animations, and a new door.

Hopefully, more feedback, and more tips and tricks will help me understand how to master the art of making a successful attraction in the Source engine, as some people have did with de_haunts in Counter Strike: Source, and gm_tot in Garry's Mod.

(Sorry the filesize is big, the new models are packed in the map there!)

10. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    You can have multiple entities ontop of eachother to make it louder.

11. worMatty

Positive Ratings:
    Are you constantly teleporting the player while the ride is in motion? Instead, try parenting the player to the vehicle. Use a trigger and give it the output OnStartTouch > !activator > SetParent > <vehicle>. Make sure to clear the player's parent when they leave the ride using ClearParent.

12. Drewfire

Positive Ratings:
    Whenever I try to do that and then pack it up and repack it, I get an echo effect, so I didn't choose the quiet sounds, the quiet sounds chose me.

13. Drewfire

Positive Ratings:
    Okay, so complaints were still being made about the ride vehicle, so I listened up to the feedback and made adjustments as I went. It is still a tiny bit glitchy if you stand in the back of it, but you can at least look around now while the vehicle is in motion.

Also, I kind of messed up the workshop version of A5, so I'm doing a hotfix to resolve that. See you around!

14. Drewfire

Positive Ratings:
    Well, after many times of staying up late, (This being one of them) I have finally made Journey Into Imagination Alpha 6! This version has been mostly made from the ground up, with most of the brushwork being redesigned, all the logic rebuilt, and a four car Tour Tram fully functional!

I also thought, "What if the boxing arena could be activated by clearing a jump course?" So I put a small jump course in the ImageWorks for you to mess around with.

The Animatronic Figments have also been rebuilt, so now they have sweaters, optional gas masks, (If you decompile the bsp, that is.) and longer animations!

I hope this version is a major improvement over the last 5 versions of the map, not to mention the hotfix, and I hope this version can be lasting to go into the Beta phase! See ya!