Joining Brushes?

phatal

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 8, 2008
Is it possible to join multiple brushes in to one? I don't want to group them! I want several triangular brushes merged to 1 brush to eliminate the triangles. I'm trimming around arches with the clip tool and it's leaving a mess behind. I need to clean this up.

jamin620

L1: Registered
Jan 30, 2008
1) you have an arch tool that makes clean arches. you might want to try that.
2) everything gets split into triangles when its compiled in the end anyway, so there is no reason to join brushes. just make evry face that the player cannot see a nodraw.

phatal

Jan 8, 2008
1) you have an arch tool that makes clean arches. you might want to try that.
2) everything gets split into triangles when its compiled in the end anyway, so there is no reason to join brushes. just make evry face that the player cannot see a nodraw.

I didn't say I'm making arches. I'm trimming around them. I have a wall butted against the arch that makes up half a hallway.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
just make a new brush and use the vertex tool to make it the shape of the two combined.
then delete the older two. Use the original two as a template.

phatal

Jan 8, 2008
just make a new brush and use the vertex tool to make it the shape of the two combined.
then delete the older two. Use the original two as a template.

That's a better solution than what I was doing, but is there no way to join these brushes in to one? I so wish carve was a usable tool. :(

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
There IS an advanced technique that can be used to merge brushes, as long as the result will still be a valid solid. I'm a bit tired tonight, so I'll write up the directions tomorrow.