ARENA Ixem [Provisional Title] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Why don't you want to do a changelog? Just have a notepad document open while you work and update it as you go. It helps us see what you've changed so we know what to look for as we play.

While you wait for feedback, here's some things you can always do:
  • optimization - do some nodraw passes, func_detail, and areaportals. TopHattWaffle has a good video on optimization. This is a great written guide.
  • start working on a 3d skybox. It should be refreshing to work on some detailing instead of layout all the time.
  • work on soundscapes - i always like making a custom script for my maps. Soundscapes help give your map another layer of immersion and they can also be used to highlight stuff in your map.
Emmm, no, too late for make a changelog...

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Emmm, no, too late for make a changelog...

No, it's never too late. You don't have to make a changelog retroactively for all your versions, but you should start making one for your future versions. You talk about wanting more and more feedback, but it's really difficult for people to do that when they don't know what has been changed. When you make changes to a map, part of what we test is stuff that you've changed to make sure it works.

What do you think about my other suggestions? I think they will be fun for you to try out instead of grinding your layout all day.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Hey TMB, I spent a couple hours compiling all of my feedback into a video. I talk about defending the points, interesting geometry, and self evaluation. Feel free to contradict me if you feel it's necessary. But please watch the whole video and don't ignore all of it just because of one point I make that you don't like. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope others enjoy it to. (Sorry for use of text to speech, I didn't want to record my voice at the time)

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xaFUlbu2jmo

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Hey TMB, I spent a couple hours compiling all of my feedback into a video. I talk about defending the points, interesting geometry, and self evaluation. Feel free to contradict me if you feel it's necessary. But please watch the whole video and don't ignore all of it just because of one point I make that you don't like. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope others enjoy it to. (Sorry for use of text to speech, I didn't want to record my voice at the time)

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xaFUlbu2jmo
emmm, what? im not english i dont undestand what you say :/

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015

cQyuCvu.jpg

ps: me 2

Last edited:

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Man that's text-to-speech, how can you not understand that? Even I, with my poor speech recognition, understand right everything.
I don't know if someone is kind enough to make text version, but...
tho it's a couple hours of work, are you trolling or is the fail real?

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010

The dialog in the video should be fairly easy to understand. Watch the video, and if you need to take it slowly to understand it, then do so. A good way to get more feedback, though, would be to be more appreciative of that which you do get. Nick has put a lot of time into this: dismissing it so quickly makes him and everyone else who sees that less likely to help you in future.

To everyone else: low-value snark like the above posts won't help here.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
The dialog in the video should be fairly easy to understand. Watch the video, and if you need to take it slowly to understand it, then do so. A good way to get more feedback, though, would be to be more appreciative of that which you do get. Nick has put a lot of time into this: dismissing it so quickly makes him and everyone else who sees that less likely to help you in future.

To everyone else: low-value snark like the above posts won't help here.
and can someone put what he says in text?

Jekyllson

L3: Member
Jun 20, 2015
To be fair, it's possible that TMB only knows basic English, and uses translation software to make sense of complex comments. If that's the case, then audio feedback isn't very effective.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
When making this video, I was concerned about you not understanding the English. Though I then realized that Egan made a video for you before, and you followed it. It was in English, but now I'm thinking you just looked at the pictures because it was easiest. I will try to get to you on an English text feedback. Or if you want me to translate it into Spanish, I can try. I don't know when I can write this up though, so just give me sometime. Unless someone else is already translating what I said in the video to Spanish/text.

Status
Not open for further replies.