I've run into a wall

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
I intend for players to not be able to walk on top of this selected area, as I'm going to clip off the top later, but I don't want snipers to have limited visibility. How should I go about fixing this?
ctf_canyon_dilemma.jpg

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
to be honest, im not to sure what im looking at as it feels to cramped of a photo. Whats around it to give a better baring?

WastedMeerkat

Aug 15, 2009
The part of the Red base you see is symmetrical to the Blu base, if that gives you any better idea. That's a ctf map, sorry for not mentioning. If the camera went any further down, there would be the same curve of the path that you see towards the Red side.

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
Yeah, Playerclip? Make a brush with the playerclip texture (type tools in browser it will be in there along with many other specific clips) covering where you don't want players to get..

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
As I understand it, you want it to make sense that you can't go up on top of that...thing? Put some low fences or props on the edges to make it look like you wouldn't be able to get up there easily. If you use low obstructions, it shouldn't limit snipers very much.

Stormcaller3801

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 5, 2009
If I'm not mistaken, you're wanting to make it inaccessible while allowing Snipers to fire across it without anything blocking their view. So I'd say razorwire around the edges. Or even get rid of the roof entirely. Put in some rafters, maybe scatter some metal around so it looks like the roof was blown off.

WastedMeerkat

Aug 15, 2009
As I understand it, you want it to make sense that you can't go up on top of that...thing?.
Yeah, that's gonna be some buildings, but right now they are just red and blu dev textures. And thanks for the help, I'm working on the first alpha of the map. We'll see how this goes.