I've never seen this sky problem before, have you?

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
WTF???

I compile my map and open game to test it out and whoooaaaa. Total tripin out. The sky, every time you look around with the player using your mouse, gets all trippy. It's not a blurry thing like you get when there is a leak. There is no leak, no pointfile. The sky starts out solid black and you can see text from the console and then orange and red blotches move around and then the normal sky fades into to cover everything. If you waited 3 seconds, it would look like a normal sky, but as soon as you move, it gets all funky again for 3 seconds. I used the goldrush skybox (sky_goldrush_01_hdr) but I noticed the console gave me this error when I went into it to see what was going on

Can't load skybox file sky_urb01 to build the default cubemap!

Where the hell is it getting sky_urb01 from? I double checked my map in hammer and I for sure have the goldrush skybox in my properties.

Sure could use some help on this one fellas. Thanks.

weirdsky.jpg

Man, I don't even know where to begin on this one.

Open Blade

Nov 30, 2007
I did manage to find this bit of info.

"the engine reverts to a sky_urb01 skybox by default when it can't find the specified skybox".

But why can't it find the goldrush skybox? Is it that I need to remove the hdr from the end of the name? I'm gonna check out goldrush in hammer really fast to see if they have it that way.

Open Blade

Nov 30, 2007
There is no HDR version of the goldrush sky.

That sucks, guess I will have to find another one. Valve's site does say that all the TF2 maps are HDR compatible. Go figure.

Anyway, getting ready to throw up some updated screenies. Still lots to do, seems like it never ends..........lol.