ive been financially molested by the long arm of the law

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
$200 fine for a rolling stop. jesus that hurts.

/drpepper's blog

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Ouch. Was it justified? Is anything?
hell no.

yea probably justified. rolling stop through a stop sign. police hawk parked a block away just watching. pulled over. pulled out my hair. i was thinking of pleading not guilty when i got in to the courthouse this morning but the judge's name was John Bull. I quickly paid my fine and went on my way.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
and the funny thing is it seems whenever I'm following a cop car they roll through stop signs.
they do. they speed, they swerve, they pass stops. its aggravating. and the day i got pulled over i was carrying but i forgot to mention it to him and he wasn't amused.

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
I misread the thread title and I thought it said "I've finally been molested" which I thought was kind of weird.

I've heard about cops turning on their sirens to get through a red light only to immediately turn into a McDonald's parking lot or some such. Quite bullshit imo.

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
There was a state congressman here who ran a red light and slammed into a guy on a bike for only a $88 fine.:O

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
Was that in Madison, WI? Cuz I saw footage from a bus of that very thing happening - it was truly shocking and disturbing imo.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Stop signs are completely situational

Rolling stops are bs, no one- no one can afford to come to a complete stop every time. Waste of gas money, time, can even be a safety issue when you've got to make a move.

IDK what your exact situation is but that blows. Sorry to hear it :(

it was a 4 way stop intersection too ...

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
They see me rollin'
They finin'
Patrollin'
Tryin' to get you fined for no apparent reason.

They just need the dough for donuts.
Can't you see it makes them go nuts?
With a ticket watch as he struts:
Yes a fine no ifs ands or buts!

Last edited:

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
I misread the thread title and I thought it said "I've finally been molested" which I thought was kind of weird.

As did I.

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
lol the law is molesting more and more people nowadays......