Issues with double payload map

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by zaratustra, Feb 1, 2009.

1. zaratustra

zaratustra L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    So I was trying to make a map with two payloads cause I'm crazy. I'm having some issues, though:

- capturing the first blue point captures the second as well, no issue with cross linking triggers that I can see
    - getting in the red payload capture zone with players of any team freezes the game

Any ideas? Is there a way to stop the game from freezing so I can read debug messages? I will gladly share the source file if there's any interest.

2. moosenukes

moosenukes L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Try adding a .20 delay when setting the func_tracktrain's next control point

It sounds like there's a bad input/output on an entity for the red train, most likely a misspelling on an entity name

3. zaratustra

Positive Ratings:
    The delay worked, thanks.

I also fixed the crash issue - it was a problem with numbering the first capture point's index.

Sadly the HUD display doesn't work quite well but that's to be expected.

4. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I created once a map idea with 2 payloads. HUD didn't work at all. I'd say wait for the update though. They added some more pl textures for the HUD over time, so they probably are either doing a 2 payload push map for their next game mode or single payload pushable by both teams.

5. zaratustra

Positive Ratings:
    aw man if valve makes one I'll no longer be special