Isotope

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by HeaH, Jun 15, 2009.

1. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    So, yeah, my map. It's only the first stage. It's my first map so shoot me if I'm doing something wrong. Everything in the map is subject to change.

About the name, from Wikipedia:

I thought the name sounded funny so I picked it as my map name. Might still get changed.

Yeah, take a look at the screenshots and tell me how much I did wrong :)

2. Hanz

aa Hanz Ravin' Rabbid

Positive Ratings:
    Looks pretty nice, but it maybe seems a bit sniperfriendly at the third pic.. ? (Or it even looks so on the 3rd picture)

I don't have time now to give it a quick runthrough, but I will probably do it tomorrow. ;)

3. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    looks way to open, place some cover for people to regroup at, put sentry guns behind and for spys to protect from snipers.

4. HeaH

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the feedback! I want to see how the map plays, I'll enter it to a gameday, then I'll see what I do!

5. Rutiz

Rutiz L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Its look nice, I hope we played on the gameday!
    Now te 2nd en the 3rd stage!

6. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    seriously, rescale the map
    on yesterday´s contest-map-testing we had to stand through playing it because no mod was on :( scout and sniperfest

and for self-testing´s sake, don´t run as scout through your map, choose heavy, and watch the clock while you run days and nights to the opposing side

everything is too big, from spawns to doorways to, yeah, everything make it half that big and it will be fun

other things to mention:
    no cover
    no cover
    many snipers
    more scouts
    no cover

:/

and please, if you submit your map for testing, be there, other way it´s pointless playing it, because why should we care commenting, if you don´t show up for your own map

sry for the rage, had to get it out

7. HeaH

Positive Ratings:
    Okay, thanks for commenting. I guess I'll just have to say fuck it about this map and go with something that's a little easier on a noob like me.

I couldn't show up because it would mean staying up to 3 am for me, and it was the only possibility left if I wanted to get my map tested.

And thanks for writing a comment.

8. captainAngry

captainAngry L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    The layout doesn't seem too bad, it is just way too large without any cover. Like eerieone said, you can scale the entire map down a bit and it would be much better.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]