Is this possible? And some random questions.

bazola

L1: Registered
Feb 12, 2008
I'm getting closer to a potential beta release of my first map, but now that the larger brushwork is done I am hoping to get spawns and CPs in the map. Unfortunately there are a few things I am unsure how to implement.

My main question is: Is it possible to have 3 CPs set up such that taking all 3 advances the attacking team forward to new spawns, and simultaneously opens a door leading to a 4th CP. Also, I want the defending team to be able to retake the first 3 CPs, but have them locked after all 3 are taken. My goal is for this to be a defense only map that flips teams after each victory/defeat.

My second question is: If you have two equivalent spawn rooms (say two buildings across from each other), do you need to put 16 info_teamspawns in each, or is it fine to put 8 in each? I don't know how it works exactly.

Edit: I should specify that I want the first 3 to be able to be captured in any order.

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
My main question is: Is it possible to have 3 CPs set up such that taking all 3 advances the attacking team forward to new spawns, and simultaneously opens a door leading to a 4th CP. Also, I want the defending team to be able to retake the first 3 CPs, but have them locked after all 3 are taken. My goal is for this to be a defense only map that flips teams after each victory/defeat.

Yep. Setup the CP's the way you regularly would. Have the last CP when captured "enable" "unlock" your door. Setup a forward spawn to that last point.

The last point servers as the decider, a bunch of triggers from it.

My second question is: If you have two equivalent spawn rooms (say two buildings across from each other), do you need to put 16 info_teamspawns in each, or is it fine to put 8 in each? I don't know how it works exactly.

Up to you.. really. the game spawns in rotarion, so IE. place one in the left builder, one in the right ETC in that order. It will spawn then between each other, Other wise 8 and 8 will spawn first 8 here, next 8 there.

dirtyminuth

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 5, 2007

I'm trying to understand this setup further. Tell me if this is the correct interpretation:

Map has four CPs, A,B,C, and D. They are all controlled by the defenders at the start of each round. D unlocks when A,B, and C are all captured.

Now, the defenders can recapture A,B, and C, and they will lock when all of them are recaptured. When they are all recaptured, what happens to D? Does it stay unlocked or does it lock as well? Or, does it lock as soon as any of A,B, or C are recaptured?

bazola

L1: Registered
Feb 12, 2008
The way i want it to work is that:

A, B, and C start out owned by blue, along with D. Red can take A, B, or C in any order. Blue can retake A, B, or C from red up until the point that Red controls A, B, and C at the same time. When Red has A, B, and C at the same time, it opens a door (probably multiple doors) leading to D. It also advances Red's spawn to new spawn points. Red wins if they are able to take D within the time limit.

So basically the first part of the fight is Red trying to take the 3 CPs, and once they do the fight shifts to Red trying to take the final CP from a new spawn point.

DrHaphazard

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 6, 2008
What you'll want to do here is create a math_counter "Red_caps". Start it at zero. Set Max Legal Value to 3.

Then you go to each of your A,B,C points and do the following:

OnCapTeam1 Red_Caps Add 1
OnCapTeam2 Red_Caps Subtract 1

Then go back to your Red_caps and say:

OnHitMax Door Enable
OnHitMax CapZoneA Disable (repeat for other CapZones B,C)
OnHitMax ForwardSpawn1 Enable (repeat)
OnHitMax OriginalSpawn1 Disable (repeat)

You'll have to test and see if the game subtracts 3 points at the start, because of the OnCapTeam2, but I am fairly confident it doesnt work that way. Anyways that should do everything ya need right there