Is this an existing gamemode?

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
Basically domination cp gamemode, but there's a timer that's ticking down, like koth. Whatever team owns the most points at the end of the timer wins. So it's not like you need to own all 3.

I just had an idea for this. I made an incredibly massive koth map when I was starting out that I never published, and I think it would be good for this kinda thing.

PossessedInkieShark

L3: Member
Mar 27, 2015
This doesn't exist, but I remember playing a koth map which had this mechanic
It was terrible because all you had to do was cap the point in the last 10 seconds and you win.

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
This doesn't exist, but I remember playing a koth map which had this mechanic
It was terrible because all you had to do was cap the point in the last 10 seconds and you win.
Thanks for actually responding haha. Remember what the map was called?

I'm gonna try to combat that by having 12 seconds or so get added every time they cap.

DegruM

L2: Junior Member
Sep 26, 2014
Oh yeah, I tried to make something like this once but i never managed to figure out how, the main problem was probably the koth entity itself cause whatever point you captured, only one of the teams would have their clocks tickin' (regardless of how many control points a team owned)

Powerlord

L3: Member
May 8, 2010
There have been ports of TFC's Canal Zone to TF2 before. dom_canalzone is one of them, I think.

Edit: Although dom_canalzone actually scores points as long as you hold each CP and the first team to 100 wins. So, it's not exactly the same game mode as you were describing.