Is there any sort of launch command to disable custom content?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Ninamori

L1: Registered
May 7, 2015
This is sort of a followup to this thread that I made a few days ago. Basically I want to be able to test my map without my custom content (specifically the HUD, and some CFG files). Sort of like sv_pure 1, but for HUD's, and done at launch.

Any ideas, or will I just have to live with cl_drawhud 0?

Mar 23, 2013
Any ideas, or will I just have to live with cl_drawhud 0?

Well you should until you get your HUD/map fixed. If you release the map it should work for everyone and that command is a cheat command, so people can't just disable their HUDs.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Assuming your custom HUD is in the /custom/ folder like it should be, just rename it to /xcustom/ when you don't want to use it, and rename it back to /custom/ when you do. If TF2 creates a new /custom/ folder, just delete the empty one before changing xcustom back to custom.

I do this when I want to test if I packed up everything in my map correctly. Rename the custom folder, load the map, fly around with noclip looking for purple and ERRORs, and then rename it back once I'm done.

Ninamori

L1: Registered
May 7, 2015
Well you should until you get your HUD/map fixed. If you release the map it should work for everyone and that command is a cheat command, so people can't just disable their HUDs.
Seems to be only happening when I compile with Hammer.

Assuming your custom HUD is in the /custom/ folder like it should be, just rename it to /xcustom/ when you don't want to use it, and rename it back to /custom/ when you do. If TF2 creates a new /custom/ folder, just delete the empty one before changing xcustom back to custom.

I do this when I want to test if I packed up everything in my map correctly. Rename the custom folder, load the map, fly around with noclip looking for purple and ERRORs, and then rename it back once I'm done.
The HUD is in the custom folder, but the problem is it requires the use of CFG files in order for me to have transparent view models. I think something in the CFG is what is causing the screw up. I did try to move the HUD into a folder so that TF2 couldn't load it, but no dice which leads me to believe it's a CFG issue of some sort.