Is there any interest towards Minecraft server in TF2 Maps?

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Hyperion, Dec 2, 2016.

?

Are you interested?

1. Vanilla Minecraft

46.8%
  2. Simple modpacks

21.3%
  3. Complex modpacks

17.0%
  4. No, I'm not interested

40.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    This idea has been floating around my mind quite long time. Personally I picked up MC again after 1+ year break and I don't know if we have some other interested mappers around here.

I haven't yet thought how the server would run and who would host it but if there is enough people interested, I can pay the server. Maybe with huge interest even our community could pay for it together by donations, bit like VIP system (but not exclude non-VIPs from server).

Vote and discuss please

2. DonutVikingChap

DonutVikingChap L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    It should definitely be vanilla in my opinion, although running spigot with some basic management/protection plugins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    We had one - hell, might still have one, depending on whether it survived the various server moves and disasters. Nobody used it much. If there's enough interest - and interest petered out significantly last time - we could look into hosting it on the tf2m servers ourselves.

4. A Moderately Priced Shoe

A Moderately Priced Shoe L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I honestly prefer using a modpack. Hell, the one I use the most often is Resonant Rise version 3.2.7.2-RC via ATLauncher, mainly because of the Forestry mods such as the namesake Forestry, Binnie core, and Magic Bees (compatibility with Thaumcraft).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  5. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Fast puns quick go

I wish Minecraft wasn't such an expensive game, and accounts didn't get stolen in days. I used to love command blocks, playing with mods and writing my own. And I'd certainly be in if I had Minecraft.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cole Slaw

Cole Slaw L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've had minecraft for upwards of 5 YEARS now, and my account's never been stolen. Then again, i bought it back when it was 25% off, back in beta.(1.7.0, if you're wondering) It's honesty opinion based. if you like sandbox games, then great.

Back on topic, I'd love a TF2M MC server. It'd be great if it were Bukkit, with chestshops and things. (If we do end up getting a server in the future, i'd be interested in making the spawn area.)

7. Hotel Detective

Hotel Detective L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    What?

8. RodionJenga

RodionJenga L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd be interested, but i got horrendous fps on the only other group server I played on, and that was only a few towns over, not in another continent. So I can only assume I'd be useless.

EDIT: Also, how long before people just start recreating maps all over the place

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  9. Cytosolic

Cytosolic L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've played Minecraft for a while now and enjoyed it, especially the building and map making aspect of the game. I think a TF2M's minecraft server could be pretty cool, although I don't know what's we would do on it. I'd suggest having any where between a few mods for smoothly running the server (WorldEdit, land protection mod, etc) to a large tech modpack (machines, energy, and stuff).

10. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    Land protection mods are pretty meh and just make the game weird on some places. My vision is server with players that don't raid. Maybe few plugins like chest history or something that tracks events. Probably to achieve nice server we should have whitelist like you just tell someone you want to play and if you break rules your name is taken off from whitelist

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  11. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    I am only ok with this if I can play without an account. I'm not spending another 20€ on this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Server-side mods like user-lockable chests would be fine, but I'm done messing around with Forge and stuff.

13. Cole Slaw

Cole Slaw L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I mean, I personally don't raid. I think it helps that we all at least know eachother, and are respectable gentlemen/gentlewomen.

14. Tuaam

Tuaam L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    See for me, All I want is cubic chunks.

15. A Moderately Priced Shoe

A Moderately Priced Shoe L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    If you want that, then don't EVER let me have any explosives. That includes NUKES (however the one from IndustrialCraft is underwhelming...)

16. Tuaam

Tuaam L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I remember we had a very popular terraria server on tf2maps that me, Darren, and Tumb set up that gained up to 11 people.

Tags: