Is there a way to create class-filtered glow effects?

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Basically, I'm looking to re-create the glow effect applied to weapons dropped by dead players. Generally speaking, only weapons that are from the same class as the player can pick them up (the only exception being all class weapons), so a yellow glow effect is applied to help players quickly identify which weapons they can or can not pick up.

My goal here is to somehow re-create that effect. In my case make a prop_dynamic glow, but make it so that the glow is only visible to a specific class.

I've already tried toggling SmartEdit mode on a tf_glow entity to add in 'filtername' and setting the filter to a filter_tf_class. So far, nothing has worked as I can still see the glow effect on my target prop regardless of class used.

For reference:
lSm2ITv.png

Note: I had also tried setting the filter mode to 'Disallow' as well.
GKeNKcN.png

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
E-mail Valve about it? tf_glow was implemented at the request of users, so there's no reason they wouldn't extend the features a little more.
Well as the filter_tf_class isn't in the FGD by default, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask for that to be included and for other entities to be able to use that type of filter.