Is there a material that blocks bullets but not players?

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
This is probably the cleanest way to do it. Fewer brushes and no ramps. I can't remember if that allows projectiles through, though
maybe, but you could also put a nodraw brush or blockbullets brush where the fence is if you wanted bullets / projectiles to not go through.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I just make my playerclip brushes a bit into the playable area (therefore players can't hug the fence directly) and nobody's ever complained

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Use this button as a guideline: :cm:

This one shows prop collision models and will allow you to get the clipping very close to the actual model shape. Obviously, be carefull when you are only overlapping for 1HU as at that point it becomes unreliable. But anything above 4HU is perfectly fine and players wont notice it.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
guideline: :cm:
I always forget what that does, it's a bit annoying when I have to keep waiting for the compile time to clear and test it

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
Also, to be honest, just take a look at a decompiled valve map, I suggest for the situation: pl_barnblitz

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
On mobile, strangely my phone does not allow me to edit, I do not know why, sorry.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
What kind of phone is it? That's good to know, actually.

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
What kind of phone is it? That's good to know, actually.
It's iPhone 5s, it's this specific phone, I've already talked someone else who bs the same model as I do, and someone on the same patch. It works him, not me.

Turns out something to do with my messaging was denying me the ability to edit posts, I've fixed it this far

Last edited:

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
Just sayin'
No, it was all around denying all invoices except skype, all my messaging tools were shut down some how, and that also in turn, turned off post editing

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
This isn't the thread for this sort of thing, guys