is there a box map that i can download?

OctoBlitz

Sabotage related, and Tak approved!
aa
Jan 15, 2016
There's nothing wrong with your box.

actually... his spawn is touching the floor, so he keeps leaving the map, just a tip use :gridsmaller: in order to size down your grid and move your spawn up by 1

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
actually... his spawn is touching the floor, so he keeps leaving the map, just a tip use :gridsmaller: in order to size down your grid and move your spawn up by 1
No, it's fine? See
C55eJGw.png

I compiled the map and ran around it myself. Nothing strange happened to me.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Then he is bullshitting us....

Or it's something else they aren't explaining because they aren't as familiar with the terminology as us. Please be a bit less volatile in your responses.

Joshenkstone

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
I usualy want to look at things from multiple perspectives and defend a person if needed... but this just seems weird because creating a box with a spawn doesn't seem that hard. :-/

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
Or it's something else they aren't explaining because they aren't as familiar with the terminology as us. Please be a bit less volatile in your responses.

First off, I cannot believe that crash just went full Captain America on me

a25e3a239b083b1d0ccd30d11a494ea7.jpg

And second off, like Joshen said it's very simple and hard to mess up, however when I went into his vmf file I saw a lot of unproportional pieces and other things that are out of place such as having his grid size to be the same size as his player spawn, this roof is slightly higher than his walls, and the floor is larger than the room he is trying to create, but hey I might be looking too much into this...

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2015
First off, I cannot believe that crash just went full Captain America on me
No ship... He is a site administrator, so dont joke around when he straight up tells you to cool your jets.
Also, are you sure the spawn entity is not sunk into a brush? Maybe he is using different compile settings or is compiling it into a different game?
If other people are compiling your map, and are correctly spawning in then perhaps the compile log from your pc would help us better understand your problem? (@OP)

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
No ship... He is a site administrator, so dont joke around when he straight up tells you to cool your jets.

-_-' sorry, only been a member on this site for about 4 months... so kinda wanted to be a little funny...

cinemassacres

L1: Registered
Apr 6, 2016
how would you make it so that every time you touch a ammo pack you grow by 1 each time you touch it

Skullio

L1: Registered
Mar 29, 2016
how would you make it so that every time you touch a ammo pack you grow by 1 each time you touch it

Put a platform in the floor that raises by 1 when someone collects the ammo pack. It wouldnt actualy make you grow but the player would definitely feel slightly taller

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
There was a contest entry last year (i think?) called pd_egan_72 that had players grow in size every time they killed another player. Pinging @Egan to see if he has any info on that for you.