Is possible get SteamID in trigger event?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Gezebu MindBlue, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Gezebu MindBlue

Gezebu MindBlue L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    What the title says ...
    I want to drop one box every 10 minutes. When a player touches it, he gets a reward and box is destroyed. For this I need to give a command to the point_servercommand, and I need to give to it the SteamID32 of player.

2. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think this is possible without a server plug-in. @Egan may be able to help more.

3. Three Million

Three Million L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gezebu MindBlue

Positive Ratings:
  5. Frosty Scales

aa Frosty Scales

Positive Ratings:
    this is mostly plugin related stuff. what you would want to do is forward !activator to the point_servercommand, and then have a plugin deal with it from there. unless you're dealing with say, a database of users with their SteamID in it, then the SteamID really shouldn't be used by the plugin at all. Just the value passed by !activator.

6. Gezebu MindBlue

Positive Ratings:
    It is not the case. Maybe I are bad for explain me better.

I do not want to activate the point_server command.
    The point_servercommand is enabled by default on the server files with "sv_allow_point_servercommand always".

What I need is for the map to tell the server the steamid32 when the player touches a trigger.

What I want is when the player touch the "reward" model_prop, gets an extra amount of stamm points, credits or some else.

For example:

To achieve the first, I need to send a command from the map to the server, via the server_point command.

The command that point_servercommand needs to send to the server would be something like "stamm_add_points steamid32 500"

I do not know if it is possible to do this, but it is exactly what I need to do.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  7. Frosty Scales

aa Frosty Scales

Positive Ratings:
    not possible. you would need to get the client's steamid using a plugin.

8. Gezebu MindBlue

Positive Ratings: