1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Is it possible to find a player's health?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Gabe Noodle from Volvo, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Gabe Noodle from Volvo

Gabe Noodle from Volvo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is it possible to find a players health or if they're alive via hammer? And how would one do it?

2. HolySnickerPuffs

aa HolySnickerPuffs Bad at TF2, Loves Mapping For TF2

Positive Ratings:
    Also, building on this, would it be possible to filter a player by percentage of health. As in, only players with >15% health can enter, as having 15% or less health might kill you?

3. Gabe Noodle from Volvo

Positive Ratings:
    I think you could use a math_remap for that, but you'd need one for each class since they have different health numbers. Just set the range from 0-100, and 15 would be 15 percent.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Which player? Entity I/O doesn't have the ability to track players. You get into ugly hacks if you try.

5. Gabe Noodle from Volvo

Positive Ratings:
    I just need the activator. It's not anything that can't be done without the macros.

6. 【EmNudge】

【EmNudge】 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    can you give me a quick rundown of the outputs and inputs on that?
    I've never used math_remap before and that sounds pretty interesting.

This seemingly could allow me to make some sort of market garden arena - filtering it to soldiers only, give them full health and give them a trigger_hurt for 5 damage if their health is over 97%

7. DrLambda

aa DrLambda L69: Teeheehee, Member

Positive Ratings:
    If that's the problem you're trying to solve, you could try to directly set player health.

According to VDC:
    SetHealth <integer>
    Sets the player's health. Values clamped between 0 and max_health.

So, trigger_multiple -> OnStartTouch -> !activator SetHealth 195 could possibly work.

• Thanks Thanks x 1