Is it possible to do a slopped cart like this?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Unh3lpful

L2: Junior Member
May 6, 2015
Is it possible to make the cart properly do this? If so how?

vrZ5MGA.png

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
You could probably use a skip brush setting up the distance between the floor and the path track, then use that to move your path around the turn while keeping the height lined up. It'll be a pain, but it's doable.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Alternatively, lay the track props flat on the ground and build the path_tracks on top of them as you would normally. Then select the props and the path_tracks and rotate them to the sloped position.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
The cart is just a tracktrain, it will follow any crazy path you build out of the path nodes.

Blade x64

Logical insanity
aa
Sep 3, 2009
If you mean if the train will have the correct orientation while moving along those tracks, then no. The train can only turn left, right, up, and down. It cannot do anything like roll over, which it would need to to maintain proper orientation on those tracks.

Oct 6, 2008
If you mean if the train will have the correct orientation while moving along those tracks, then no. The train can only turn left, right, up, and down. It cannot do anything like roll over, which it would need to to maintain proper orientation on those tracks.

I'm not 100% sure on that - I believe to can change the angle on the path_track node but you'd really have to work on it to get the angles right.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
It should be possible using the "use path track's angles" setting on the path, and manually setting the pitch/yaw/roll for the paths to the desired amount of roll. I haven't used those in a long time though so it is entirely possible valve broke it too.

Blade x64

Logical insanity
aa
Sep 3, 2009
Last time I tried to use the angles pitch and yaw worked fine, but roll was ignored. This was over three years ago, though I have no reason to believe things have changed since then.