Is it possible to create a new death icon?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by JMRboosties, Aug 31, 2009.

1. JMRboosties

JMRboosties L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I am working on a map with a section that has mine carts flying down the track. The idea is that if you are low enough on health the carts can kill you. Is there a way for me to create a custom trigger_hurt input which causes the system to show a unique death icon? I can create an icon I want pretty easily.

2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    To my knowledge, no.

Not without replacing already existing death icons, but it's not recommended (since they'll show up on every other map with your custom icon)

3. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    actually yes, there is one way.
    you have to wait for gabe newell to offer you to make your map official and then you can ask him.

I have tryed it myself but the "wait for gabe newell to offer you to make your map official" part didn't worked so good... anyways you can give it a try

4. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Or you could just email Gabe and ask him to if it's possible/if he can do it, carry on with your map, release alpha, beta etc, then in the _rc stage you find an email saying he won't make it for you.

5. JMRboosties

JMRboosties L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    lol i guess the skull will have to do.