Is CS:GOmaps.net online?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Terwonick, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Terwonick

Terwonick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I just got CS:GO in the recent steam sale, and I've been looking to get into mapping for it. Unfortunately it seems as if our "sister site" CS:GOmaps.net is currently offline. Would it be to much to ask for a confirmation on this and/or backstory if it is indeed offline?

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    csgomaps.net is the website, no colon in there.

The CSGO launch was great, but for the mapping and custom community it got a really really (REALLYx10^10) rough start. Server systems were bad, mapping tools were weird, custom map servers were getting recognized on the launcher, etc. It was really rough and when we reached out to hidden path and valve, we didn't get much of a response. When the workshop came it was pretty rough to get any sort of decent activity or maps.

Myself and a few others tried to get some activity drummed up but it was far slower than anticipated and we all got caught up in schoolwork and stuff. I did pop in every once in a while to check for the spammers and bots, but the activity was ridiculously low (even for spammers). It was a nice experiment, but in the end it just wasn't something that the CSGO community lached on to.

3. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Which is funny because quite a few custom maps have been made and even added to the game already.

4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Tad ironic, yea.

5. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    After the garbage launch was resolved and a different venue for playtesting and feedback was set up. Something like 7 of the 8 operation bravo maps were developed on Mapcore, since afaik its the only real active community for CSGO mapping.

• Thanks Thanks x 1