Is anything special needed for metal/metalchrome textures?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Edit 1: Problem solved. Building the cubes did work, I just didn't think to restart the map after doing so.

I hate making a thread about such a trivial issue, but this is the last obstacle to updating my map. Both of the chrome metals show up as bright pink :( Like not even checkers, but full-blown solid pink, bordering on neon (although that could be a result of my lighting). Cubemaps do not help either. The only variable I can think of is that most of the brushes using the chrome textures are func_detail. But I have never once heard of a texture being usable on normal brushes and not on func_detail ones. They show up just fine in Hammer, and compiling w/ vrad only. Did a full compile w/ both rad and vis, and the brushes turn pink. Anyways, are they bugged, or is something wrong on my end? As always, thanks in advance for any help :)

Last edited:

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
They might need a cubemap directly tied to them... but they're supposed to default to the nearest one, so that probably wouldn't help...