Is anything special needed for metal/metalchrome textures?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Armadillo of Doom, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Edit 1: Problem solved. Building the cubes did work, I just didn't think to restart the map after doing so.

I hate making a thread about such a trivial issue, but this is the last obstacle to updating my map. Both of the chrome metals show up as bright pink :( Like not even checkers, but full-blown solid pink, bordering on neon (although that could be a result of my lighting). Cubemaps do not help either. The only variable I can think of is that most of the brushes using the chrome textures are func_detail. But I have never once heard of a texture being usable on normal brushes and not on func_detail ones. They show up just fine in Hammer, and compiling w/ vrad only. Did a full compile w/ both rad and vis, and the brushes turn pink. Anyways, are they bugged, or is something wrong on my end? As always, thanks in advance for any help :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    thats odd that cubemaps don't help. The chrome textures are reflective...

3. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    They might need a cubemap directly tied to them... but they're supposed to default to the nearest one, so that probably wouldn't help...

4. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
  5. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Fixed it! :D Building the cubemaps did in fact work. But in my sleep deprived state last night, I didn't think to disconnect and restart the map after building. Alpha 1 will be updated shortly:)