Is a combination of both PLR and Koth game modes at all possible?

monkeyman20

L1: Registered
Sep 19, 2021
I've had this pretty good idea for a map, but for it fully realized I wanted to have a neutral control point that unlocks the PLR section when it's captured. Is this something that's at all possible to create? I've only just gotten started, but I thought I'd ask in-case anyone had any idea/insight on the matter. Thanks.

Box Of Paper

L3: Member
Jul 15, 2019
I don't think you can have both PLR and CP huds, the "team_train_watcher"s (which are required to move the carts) hide the CP hud.

The control points do still work, but the lack of visual feedback is really annoying.
You can do the visuals yourself by using the "trigger_capture_area" outputs to do fancy stuff, but there's a better way:

I'd suggest just using the PLR race hud, the carts' rollback mechanic, and onPass output of the "path_track"s to simulate a capture area on the hud.

This does require moving around the carts' "trigger_capture_area" since only one works at a time (I'm not too sure about this tho), so you should get familiar with the SetParentAttachment trick to teleport stuff around the map*.

*(my go to prop is the madmilk rotated "-90 270 0" with the "drink_spray" attachment, it is the only attachment I found that is exactly at the origin of the prop).

Last edited:

monkeyman20

L1: Registered
Sep 19, 2021
I don't think you can have both PLR and CP huds, the "team_train_watcher"s (which are required to move the carts) hide the CP hud.

The control points do still work, but the lack of visual feedback is really annoying.
You can do the visuals yourself by using the "trigger_capture_area" outputs to do fancy stuff, but there's a better way:

I'd suggest just using the PLR race hud, the carts' rollback mechanic, and onPass output of the "path_track"s to simulate a capture area on the hud.

This does require moving around the carts' "trigger_capture_area" since only one works at a time (I'm not too sure about this tho), so you should get familiar with the SetParentAttachment trick to teleport stuff around the map*.

*(my go to prop is the madmilk rotated "-90 270 0" with the "drink_spray" attachment, it is the only attachment I found that is exactly at the origin of the prop).

Hey! Thanks for the quick response, I've been messing around with it to see if there's any alternatives to what I'm trying to accomplish; but your answers have really given me some much needed foresight before I really get into working on the map. I'll try what you've provided.

Thank you again!