KotH Iron Belt a3b

i could not name it 'rust belt' so sorry

1. d3adfin

d3adfin L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Iron Belt - i could not name it 'rust belt' so sorry

koth_ironbelt is (an attempt at) a 6v6 koth map that should hopefully maintain a fast, frantic pace.
    i designed this for a school project!
    inspired by maps like product, bagel, coalplant, furious heights (quake live) and molten falls (quake champions)

• Like Like x 3
  2. d3adfin

Positive Ratings:
    - made mid longer and wider
    - players said that mid was far too small and that it forced teams back or be easily spammed at
    - new mid should allow teams to play the low ground and towards the point a bit more

- raised the left side (defender's perspective) and rooves on mid
    - players said there was not enough high ground on the map
    - hopefully this side should be a lot more interesting to play due to the way it interacts with the rest of the map

- widened the right side (defender's perspective) high ground on mid
    - same reasoning for making mid longer and wider, players felt there was not a lot of space to stand so hopefully this should make it a bit easier to not get bombarded with nades and rockets standing there

- widened the pillars next to the point
    - mostly just to try to block sightlines on the low ground a bit more
    - not sure if they're taking up too much space now

obvious main concern at the moment is with sightlines, not entirely sure how to go about removing them but i know it's doable while keeping the map playable

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. d3adfin

Positive Ratings:
    - extended the tall buildings further towards the point and added barriers next to them
    - purely to block the sightline from the right side high ground to the other right side

- added a crate to the right side high ground
    - again, sightline blocking, should be a bit safer to walk in that way

- moved the health where the new crate is to the far right side of the right side high ground
    - felt weird having it in the middle of a sightline and a tight space, new position should make it a lot safer to pick up because it seems like it would have been too risky before

- thinned the two pillars next to the point
    - clearly they were not doing anything to block the sightline from the two left side platforms
    - figured it would be better to have the additional space, especially now due to the way i moved the tall buildings to the sides and added barriers

- added some lights to the map
    - concerned that it might be just a little too dark
    - not that the new lights seem to be changing all that much anyway lol

made it a bit more difficult to go from the right side high ground to the enemy roof this update, need to think of a way around that that i can insert without fucking up the fact that there aren't any sightlines deep into that side anymore

4. d3adfin

Positive Ratings:
    - added ramps on the right side high ground
    - easier access to the barrier on it for scout so he can jump onto there and from there onto the enemy roof
    - changes to clipping
    - little nooks and crannies, stuff like the wall bits jutting out on the spawnroom weren't properly clipped and people complained that they were getting caught on them
    - added spectator cams
    - now you don't open the map and don't have to see a view of mid from inside the floor :)

5. d3adfin

Positive Ratings:
    - moved the cap point trigger slightly down so players standing on the two pillars on mid cannot cap
    - saw this being used as a dumb cheese strategy when me and my friends were playing 2v2s on it

• Thanks Thanks x 1