Interested in an organized match?

samn

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 28, 2008
I'm a member of the Hampshire Heavies, a European TF2 clan. You might remember that we held some weekly playtests for TF2maps around winter last year (New Map Night).

This summer we're thinking about holding a few friendly highlander matches with other TF2 communities. The teams are a mix of players who've played in competitive leagues, and those who have barely played an organized game before, and we allow any player in our community to signup to our team. I was wondering if you guys would want to signup for a TF2maps.net team to play against us on a Saturday evening? We can play two WIP maps of your community's choosing and provide feedback to their creators.

If there is interest I can post more specific details about the potential date/time, server - and, yes, hat-prizes :p.

edit: This will be an EU event

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
I'd play. I'm sure people have maps they'd like to test.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I'd do this so long as I could make the times. I end up working something like 50 hours a week and that's excluding the 2 hours of travel I do each day. But if the times work out I'd definitely do this.

samn

Mar 28, 2008
I ought to mention that our server is in the UK, so US or Australian players would be too laggy to be competitive.

As for times, we were thinking of 7pm GMT+1 (British Summer Time) on a Saturday evening. That's 8pm GMT+2 (Central European Summer Time).

Couple of other things: each team would have a team leader whose job it is to herd people onto the server and set out a basic strategy. Microphones are recommended. The match would be broadcast live on SourceTV and justin.tv with commentary. Players of any skill level would be encouraged to signup. It is possible for players to gamble items - if you win, you get your item back as well as an opponents item.

Last edited:

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I might be up for this, yeah

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
I'm up for this, is it Highlander or standard 6v6?

Highlander is a lot more interesting, and I have experience playing as a Soldier in a Highlander environment.

samn

Mar 28, 2008
Yeah, it's highlander. We'd need 9 of you guys to signup for this to go ahead.

samn

Mar 28, 2008
By the way, this isn't the 'proper' signup thread yet - still got to confirm that there's real interest and that this is going ahead, and the date, and then I'll make a post with full info.

samn

Mar 28, 2008
Doesn't look like there's much interest so this might not go ahead after all :(