Interest check: A true community map

Is this a good idea?

• I like it and I'd like to participate

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I think it's interesting, but I wouldn't participate

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I don't think this idea would work very well...

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

neogeo0823

L1: Registered
Jan 13, 2010
I had an idea the yesterday and I wanted to get some opinions on it and see what the general interest level would be. What if we as a community were to build a map together?

What I had in mind was that everyone who wants to would volunteer to make a section of a map. They would be given some basic constraints like overall size of the section, what theme the section would be done in, and maybe a general area where key exits should go. From there, they would be free to build as they see fit. If more than one person volunteers for a section, then the two entries would be put up for a vote and the winner's section will be used. Credit would obviously go to each and every individual who contributes something to the map, and at the end, the name of the map would be voted on by everyone.

I'm sure a few of you have questions. I have most of the details worked out in my head, and I'd be happy to answer questions about how the whole thing would be set up here. Is this something that a bunch of you would be interested in?

neogeo0823

L1: Registered
Jan 13, 2010
Oh wow, how did I miss that? And it was less than a week before I had the exact same idea. Ah well, maybe I'll try and head up the next one.