Intelligence question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Daedryon, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Daedryon

Daedryon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is there a way to change how many intel captures it takes to win a round?

I want to change the basic 3 captures, and I've tried using a point_servercommand entity, and an "OnMapSpawn" Output, but that didn't work.

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Its controlled by the server. I have been trying to find a way to get around this using the cp/ctf hybrid stuff but it has been having problems.

3. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    I was on an idle/achievement server, and they were using the map achievement_idle_ultimatev103 (they now use achievement_idle_ultimatev104), and they had 3 sets of capturable intel that you could capture over and over.

I'm gonna try to decompile the map and check it out to see if I can figure out how they did it.

4. Pseudo

Pseudo L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think if you set the item_teamflag gametype to something other than CTF, it will not increment the "capture" counter in the HUD. You could then use a math_counter and game_round_win to determine the winner.

5. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    I didn't find anything different on achievement_idle_ultimatev104.

But I don't want the count to go up, or a round to end, etc.

This is just for like picking up the Intel for objective-related achievements.

Plus with the Demo's Eyelander, you need 5 crit kills, and the only way to get crits with the Eyelander is either a Medic's ubercharge, or while carrying the intel.

Another question. What dictates where a player carrying the intelligence drops it?

Does the intel have a certain area of being able to be carried without being automatically dropped?

6. megawac

megawac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Certain brush entities wont allow the intel to be carried through it. For example the func_respawnroom entity.

7. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    Odd...on my map, I was able to bring the intel right into the enemy respawn room (this was during a quick compile+test)...

8. Pseudo

Pseudo L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I just tested, setting item_teamflag's gametype to something other than CTF does still work to prevent captures from counting.

Players will automatically drop a carried flag upon entering a func_respawnroom of their team (enemy spawnrooms have no effect). There is also the new func_respawnflag entity that will cause the flag to be returned to its base.

9. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Using a point_servercommand and a logic_auto:

Name your servercommand Command (i always do)

Now in your logic_auto, you need this output:

Name: OnMapSpawn
    Target: Command
    Input: Command
    Parameter: tf_flag_caps_per_round number*

Where number* is the number of flag caps you want. I don't think it will go above 9, and setting it to 0 will disable the counter, enabling infinite caps

10. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    Perfect. I read something about servercommand, but it never mentioned a logic_auto.